[occupyaustin-it-assets] [occupyaustin-volunteers] Whats up?

OccupyAustin.org WebTeam info at OccupyAustin.org
Mon Nov 14 14:08:16 CST 2011

Greg,

The story goes like this...

Day One: 1.1Gb Bandwidth Used - Received the device and tested

Day Two: 4.7Gb Bandwidth Used - Live-Streamed GA and used in WebTeam Meeting

Day Three: Speeds where very slow - .46Mbs Down / 1.8Mbs Up - contacted
Clear technical support and after wading through much bullshit, including a
lady telling me my router was "tired" and to turn it off of 2 to 12 hours,
I was finally able to get a supervisor to admit that they use a program to
automatically throttle anyone using "too much" bandwidth in an effort to
make things "fair" for their other customers. Anyone who trips this usage
monitor automatically gets put on a special list. In my case it was because
I used over 2.5Gb in one day.

Clear is obviously not unlimited... so I cancelled immediately because they
do not offer an upgrade options for truly unlimited service... which I
would have gladly paid.

This article offers further examples as well:

http://ventspace.wordpress.com/2010/10/02/confirmed-clear-wimax-bandwidth-throttling/

Anton

Web Team
OccupyAustin.org