[codergeeks] re: Dell GX100 computer auction

Gregory Foster gregf at navigo.com
Mon Mar 22 11:04:27 CST 2004

Some more details on the Optiplex GX100s.
o They are mid-towers with PCI riser cards, not the desktop models.
o The last of the beige behemoths; off-white case.
o Most likely non-ECC SDRAM DIMM sockets.  They're pulling PC100 RAM out.
o Most likely 512MB RAM max (2x256MB).
o 2 USB 1.0 slots.
o Integrated audio.
o Integrated network.
o Heavily used and need an aircan bath.

I'm going to pick up a box for a Linux webserver and another for a network
sniffer box.  They're probably not worth more than $100.  Let me know if
anyone is looking for a utility box of some sort and I'll get my folks on
it late Friday at the end of the auction.

<cite>Gregory Foster</cite>